Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday November 3, 2017 El Pan



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday November 3, 2017
Cristina had things she wanted to get done around the house today and she didn't want to go to any of the big events today.  Since Buzzer hadn't been started for 3 days and the sun was shining I wanted to go for a ride.  Gustavo wasn't available and Christian was slated to help Cristina, so what's a guy to do...  I went alone.
So I went on one of my favourite roads east to Paute and north on the way to the jungle.  I was determined to try to get to that lovely town with the two churches where we would normally continue and loop all the way to the end of the valley, cross the river and come up the other side.  That town is so picturesque from any angle and I found that its name is "El Pan", or "The Bread", and I paid it a visit.  If it wasn't so far off any main road and so far from a major center I would certainly consider living there.  It is so peaceful and sunny all the time it seems.
I chatted with one store owner for a bit and he claims to have a brother tht might be interested in buying my house... bonus!  Then I asked where was a good place to eat and he pointed across at a nice-looking restaurant run by his Uncle.  I had roast 1/4 chicken leg with rice and a jug of juice (4 glasses) for $4 and it was the best roast chicken I have had in Ecuador.  Behind the restaurant was a huge complex that someone started but didn't finish (tempting...).   The main square is squeaky clean and the main church is lovely.  I didn't remember to go check out the nice white church below.  Maybe that will be an excuse to go back again.  I love that drive.
I took many pictures but I had many done in sequence so that I could make panoramas of the lovely mountain scenes.  You will see what I mean when I talk about the beauty along that road.
Coming back I saw the dark clouds coming over the mountains and hurried to try to beat them.  I made it to a gas station north of Paute that didn't have the good gasoline just as it started to rain.  When the rain abated for a moment I decided to chance it and took off again.  This was not a good decision.  A coupIe of times it got so windy and it was raining so hard that I wasn't sure that I could maintain control, and I was pretty soaked (so much for my yellow jacket being supposedly waterproof) by the time I pulled in under the overhang of an empty store to wait until things improved.  This was the typical November afternoon shower that would never last more than an hour.  After passing the little hamlets south of Paute, and just before the main bridge to go to either Gualaceo or Cuenca, I was out of the storm and the road was dry.  I found a gas station with Super gas and I was happy again.  By the time I got near the Autopista we actually had sun and I was drying off quickly.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

This is shortly after crossing towards Paute from the Gualaceo road

Tropical feeling around here

Grandma taking the grandkid somewhere

I found this suspension bridge beside one town

It was blocked at this end from riding across...  I was tempted...

Vertical panorama

I told you that it was worth the trip

 
Town called Guachapala

Following the Paute River, but not all the way to the Amazon

Another view in the same general area

It is like the river turned from dirty brown to blue...

He heard that an old guy was riding by

He got bored from following me

Valley after beautiful alley
I will be back this way again soon.  I love it along this road.

Another in the same general area

Now we are reaching the two churches of El Pan

This is my destination.  One of the prettiest setting on earth.

This is the main church as seen from the highway

This is pulling up front

A slightly different angle to show the statue

Looking the other way from the church steps

Interior of the church taken through a window

Beautiful carvings inside the door

Best roast chicken in Ecuador...

A shot from the back of the restuarant

This is that unfinished complex behind the restuarant

Tried to beat these clouds but didn't make it...