Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Monday November 6, 2017 Murals



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday November 6, 2017
Sunday was spent working on photos for upload and sale.  Gotta love Smart Photo Editor for revolutionizing my work.
Monday, back to physio and I must say that I am feeling a little better.  I am concentrating on being diligent with my exercises so I  know that is helping.
Do you remember when poor jack was attacked a few days ago...  Well he started developing large pus sacks on his throat so we took him to the vet to have it looked after.  The little guy will stay overnight.  He was not too happy being put in a small cage at first.
Then I ran for more corn for Cristina to feed the pigeons at 12 de Abril Mercado.  That market seems to be the cheapest in town for a lot of our needs.
Next I scooted over to Gringolandia to pay for my Hearts Of Gold Gala tickets to friends who are letting us join their Early-bird table.  The Gala date has been changed to Dec 21 and the venue is now over behind the Hospital Del Rio.  The date was changed because another charity decided belatedly to have a dinner event on the same date so the gals at Hearts Of Gold were the kind ones to bend.  While I am not happy about the situation, I am impressed with the class of the Hearts Of Gold people.  Kudos to you all.
Then, on my way home, I did something I have been threatening to do for many months...  take photos of the lovely murals on the backside of the Municipal Cemetery, before the graffiti a**holes deface them.  I am honestly surprised that they have lasted this long with only a modicum of damage.  If you have not seen them, I strongly recommend that you check them out on the north wall and a couple on the east wall.  It is nice because each mural has a little plaque telling us who it is, and their claim to fame.  Since I had only heard of one of them (Father Crespi), I assume this is a wall of unsung heroes.  I also wasn't really aware that there were so many of them until I started processing them.
I started work on the photos at 5pm, decided to do a cleanup of the upper wall on each photo.  Then there were drain pipes, ledges, power lines and other distractions to eliminate.  I didn't finish until 3am so you can do the math.  But I wanted a proper legacy to these amazing portraits of some of the builders of Cuenca.  Once they are defaced, which is inevitable here, they would not likely be repaired.  I hope people know that NONE of my photos are right from the camera, like happy-snaps.  Because I shoot in RAW format, each photo must be processed.  The first two shots are a before and after comparison, to give you an idea.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.