Friday, November 10, 2017

Thursday November 9, 2017 Herederos, etc



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday November 9, 2017
One thing I neglected to mention in Monday's Blog was that I had enough with bad and dangerous Ecuadorian drivers whose actions could have caused me serious injury.  They know I am beside them and yet they start to drift into my lane, causing me to almost collide with the curb.  In the first instance I lashed out with my left foot, nearly hitting their car and they backed off.  With the second idiot I was forced to hit the brakes or get hit...  I caught up to him at the red light and hammered his window and gave him a few choice epithets before cruising by the dummy anyway...  Ugh...
Tuesday Cristina brought in dog #6, as yet unnamed, to stay alone, but clothed and fed, in our terrace.  The poor thing was in heat and being chased by the usual pack of males mercilessly which Cristina can't abide.  So she took the dog to the vet to get spayed then stay for recovery.  I don't know what she intends to do after that but I have to put my foot down somewhere.  I can't handle the 5 we have now and tomorrow we should know a date for her upcoming surgery, so she will be not much help for a while.  We still have Jack's neck surgery to look after.  Thank God her son Christian is here to help..
Yesterday I needed to replace my brown shoes which were shredding so we went to El Centro, down Tarqui where most of the leather shops are.  I bought an everyday pair at the first shop for $35.  I bought another dress pair for $40 at the second shop and I was done in less than an hour.  I am not like Cristina who has to bother 20 shopkeepers, 3 different days, then hope the pair she really wants is still available...  Obviously I don't understand the finer points of comparison shopping.
This morning I went to meet a couple, accompanied by my buddy Gustavo, who contacted me with compliments about my other Blog cuencaresidency.blogspot.com about living in Cuenca.  Doug Anderson (same name as my Canadian doctor) is from Colorado, and his wife AnnaMaria is from Bogota, Colombia.  They are retirement age but have recently joined the Peace Corps, providing needed programs in conjunction with CEDEI here for 2 years.  We discussed many topics, mainly transportation and security, and had a very pleasant breakfast.  Some of the Peace Corps rules about residence and transportation were a little mind-boggling.  Most of the photos of this meeting were supplied by Doug and AnnaMaria, thank you..
In the evening I went to El Centro early to glance at and exhibition by fellow photographer and artist, Garry Kaulitz.  Garry is a very innovative print-maker of some renown.
Then it was off to the Herederos ride where we went to Llacao again.  The photos from this evening are with the Sony A100 donated to me by Ray Lewis again. I finally got a really great shot of Todos Santos with this camera and I am really pleased.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Doug & AnnaMaria Anderson

My quick portrait version

Gustavo and the Kawasaki 900

Me and my buddy (photo by Doug)

Gustavo did not feel affectionate this morning (photo by Doug)

His big bike and my smaller bike (photo by Doug)

I sure do enjoy my Buzzer (photo by Doug)

Buzzer and friend (photo by Doug)

Ready to leave (photo by Doug)

AnnaMaria wishing.. (photo by Doug)

Gustavo (photo by Doug)

Doug wishing too (photo by AnnaMaria)

Au revoirs (photo by Gustavo)

Garry Kaulitz at his showing

Lynn and Sara enjoying the showing

Shot over the Escalinata to Parque De La Madre all the way to Turi

My best shot yet of Todos Santos, yes??

The Tomebamba is very low again

Not much rain in a long while

Just testing the Sony

The Escalinata

Venezuelan baby

The Sony is great in low light.  Church in Llacao.

Part of the group, 6 bikes, 7 riders

Another fellow took the shot with my Sony

And a second one.

Interior of the church

Street meat

Dr Miguel wanted this shot.

Ring my chimes