Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tuesday March 21, 2023 Springtime

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday March 21, 2023

Happy Spring Solstice everyone..  Lots of rain in Colombia and continued sunny, cool weather in Alberta....

Sunday, I managed to get to a Western Union outlet at a nearby WalMart to get the last of my cash sent to me kindly by Cristina.  We sure got screwed on the exchanges, but am glad that the money end is finalized.

So I treated myself to my favourite A+W Teenburger and onion rings.... some of life's great pleasures.... and then hit Dollarama for more treats and supplies.  I am so grateful to be back here in Canada where things are normal, you can find things you want easily, and the stress level is next to zero!

Yesterday, Monday, was cool again as I watched all my favourite sports that were available, curling, baseball, basketball and Oilers hockey....

I searched on FB Marketplace for Rooms or Suites to rent and the results are plentiful, but disappointing unless you are a Hindi or Punjabi girl student willing to share a place with 5 other East Indians.  I definitely do not qualify.  It was good to get a feel for the market though.

I even checked out vehicles for sale out of curiosity.  Drat, nobody seems to have a cheap Buick Park Avenue Ultra for sale.... lol.

I checked out a neighbour's advice that the Transit system's Dial-A-Bus, home pickup is free to West Edmonton Mall, and it is true!  Now I just checked out that the return trip is also free...!!  So you know where I will be spending some of my time soon!!

Today, I washed clothes (yes Virginia, I still remember how to do that).  I even washed the floor in my bathroom...  And I made a trip to the mailbox to pleasantly find my new Alberta Driver's licence!  So, then I could begin the verification process for the Alberta ID which will then allow me to apply for Alberta Senior $$ benefits...  Every bit of cash will help in this transition...

More sports watching tonight.....

Sorry, no pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.