Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tuesday March 28, 2023 Library

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday March 28, 2023

Gee, Sunday I was so pooped from lack of sleep and dancing that I actually fell asleep in the recliner for a good portion of the afternoon.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day researching E-bikes and, in the end, am not sure that I want one yet.  After having really nice scooters in Ecuador with handlebar-grip throttles and outfitted my way, the e-bikes with thumb throttles to solely assist pedaling were turning me off.  

The internet here is like I was accustomed to for years, ...very slow shared service.

Today I went to the local libarary at Callingwood and was shocked to see this photo at the main desk:

Lois Hole
Lois Hole, of Hole's Greenhouses, was one of the clients that I cared for back in the 80's when I worked at Harvey Agencies in St. Albert.  It is interesting that  https://www.alberta.ca/aoe-lois-hole.aspx  mentions that she was appointed as Alberta's 15th Lieutenant Governor by Prime Minister Jean Chrestien, a supposed relative of ours....  I remember her as being one very nice and kind lady.

The local library is named after her!  I signed up as a library member (I had not been in a Library for probably 40+ years), and was surprised that there was no cost involved.  I received a main library card plus a small one to attach to my key chain (in color and logo of my choice), a reusable shopping bag, information and a bookmark to get me going.

My sister Yvette had recommended a book that wasn't on the shelves here, but could be brought in from another branch within 2 days.  So I have that coming now, plus another book by that same author!  I poked around briefly and picked out 2 other books to start with..  I had to stop myself from looking any further...  Now I have 3 weeks to read 4 books, or to renew them again.

I was also given information on how to order AudioBooks online for when I get too lazy to read myself....  Too much for one day,... and I have enough books to read for a while....

It was cool this morning but at least the wind is negligible and the sun is warming from a clear blue sky again.  When will we be getting real springtime weather??



I had lunch at the McDonald's in the shopping center then did a recon tour.  That shopping center has a multitude of eateries, 2 vaping stores and 3 Cannabis stores.  

I stopped in at one Cannabis store to enquire about CBD oil as a possible remedy for my arm pain.  I confirmed that I was not interested in THC levels to get high, just CBD for pain control.  The clerk was very careful not to make any claims about effectiveness and I settled on a package of Blueberry Acai gummies with the lowest THC and highest CBD ratings.  30 in a package, basically $1 each...  He claimed that relief should kick in in about 1.5 - 2 hours.  It is just over an hour now and no relief in sight yet....

Then I saw a bike store so went in to enquire about eBikes.  They had one on display that was on my shortlist from yesterday so I gave it a good look (I really like its look..) and asked some pointed questions.  They claimed that nobody has ever come back to them with a battery problem and they did not recommend carrying around an extra battery due to the cost and the weight...  Then they said that the bike is solely pedal-assist, with no ability to use only electric power unless you bought another add-on...  So, I am less than impressed with eBikes and wish that I could have my Buzzer back.....

Tonight, I am really looking forward to treating Jill and Ash to wings at Original Joe's!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.