Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday March 5, 2023 Ontario

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday March 5, 2023

We played cards mainly as we prepared to leave Saturday afternoon around 2pm to go to George and Shari's place in Burlington.  Obligatory stops were made at the liquor store (Yippee, they have premade Caesars for $3.50!) and to get gas at Costco.

Their place was busy with George's kids, Jack and Audrey, and Audrey's boyfriend Emil, along with Shari's twins Darren and Adam.  And I ca't forget to mention the two sweet dachsunds, Nestor and Shiloh, who warmed to me pretty quickly.

They had a lot more snow than we did, heavy wet snow, that bent their evergreens almost to the breaking point.  They kindly left us a spot open in the driveway.

We played Cards, Wizard for 7 of us, and Rook for 5 of us, so that was very much fun.  Add take-out Chinese food and it was a delightful evening with extremely good company and the friendly doggies.

Today, I had hoped to apply for my Guaranteed Income Supplement, but didn't have the right income tax breakdowns required to do it properly so that will have to wait until I can talk to one of my accountants.

Lou changed the old birdseed in the feeders because the birds were avoiding them.  Within one minute the birds returned but I didn't take any photos because there was no proper light.

We play some card games every day here after brunch and in the evenings, and it is a fun way to pass the time.  I sure have missed these great pastimes.  And a squirrel was entertaining us this morning as it stole birdseed from the feeders.

Then Lou and I went to watch some curling games that automatically record for him on a PVR machine so that allows us to skip commercials and boring parts.  I have never had a PVR so I have no idea how to operate any of their TV equipment.  Tonight they are making salt'n'pepper wings in an air-fryer.    That is another piece of equipment that I will have to learn...  

Life is tough in the Great White North...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

We didn't get much snow

Already dry on the Skyway near Hamilton

Hazy Toronto over Lake Ontario

Another

Great artworks of Shari's dogs, past & present

Nestor and Shiloh

Audrey and Nestor

Nestor is all ears...

Darren and Shiloh

Shari and George, good hosts

Our morning entertainment

Such a poser

Smart little guy

Nice to watch curling without buffering