Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday March 17, 2023 Recliner

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday March 17, 2023

Wednesday, I decided to delete my personal website because it was so out-of-date, and frankly I wasn’t sure how to fix it anymore, it had been so long since I had done that.   

I had use of the Juke again yesterday so I made a list of furniture stores nearby and began a search for a suitable cheap new recliner.   My first stop was at The Brick at West Edmonton Mall.  A nice saleslady directed me to the proper area and the very first recliner I tried was so comfy that I almost fell immediately asleep!  But it was faux leather and had a weak leg riser so I decided to keep looking.  I tried several more expensive power recliners and quickly decided that I did not like them at all,.. much too slow and no latitude for comfortable positioning. 

I went to about 5 other stores who had nothing suitable or cheap enough before I spotted the Factory Direct outlet, which was not on my list because I had not much liked anything on their website.  But I stopped anyway and found a row of recliners on sale right beside the front door.  Again, the very first, and cheapest, one I tried was really comfortable, brushed microfiber and properly built, and sized for a larger person (like me).  I checked out many others, including more power models, but came back to this one.  The salespeople wanted $200 for delivery  and I balked immediately.  That price was dropped to $100 without question, so I said that it was fine, ...only if they dropped the recliner price accordingly…  So I ended up with free delivery for Friday….

A & W was a delicious stop for lunch as I had some coupons with me.  I tried the UncleBurger with bacon for the first time and it was very comparable to my favourite TeenBurger, but with a bigger 5 oz. patty of meat.  this just could become my new favourite...

At 3pm I helped Aram with another online practice math exam.  When a person hasn’t done Algebra for 55 years, some of the questions were way over my head, but we did our best.

I had to interrupt helping him for 4 minutes as Todd came by to pick up the used recliner that I had gifted to him and he needed help to load the heavy bottom part.  His little car accepted that without problem.

The evening was spent watching Raptors, Oilers, and catching up on my reading. 

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

This morning, after chores, I made another sunny walk to the mailbox.  The sky was again cloudless and blue.  I had to laugh when I brought this up a moment ago....  feels like... lol....

5C feels like 3C... lol.

So close to the Mar 21 solstice, the days and nights here are  almost equal, like I am used to from SouthAmerica!

At 2:50pm the delivery guy showed up without a helper so I did not mind helping get the new recliner downstairs.  He had stripped off the packing at the truck so intsallation was dead simple.  I tipped him well and he was on his way.  I can't wait to use the recliner to watch the sports and to read in comfort.

It is taking ages to get this blog published because the Shaw internet is being cantankerous....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Comfort in the right place

A great complement to the room

Very comfy

It does lean waaaaay back