Saturday, March 11, 2023

Saturday March 11, 2023 Success

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday March 11, 2023

I was up at 5am Friday, researching computer desks until I went up to actually have a warm bath...  I can't remember the last time I actually had a bath...

The neighbours have a big dog named Bear that we rarely see in the yard so, as soon as we get nicer weather, I will have to introduce myself and ask if I can take bear on some walks!

Jill and I went shopping at BestBuy for a USB wi-fi adapter for my tower and to Walmart for a few sundries, speakers, and a webcam.  Then I picked up a Little Caesar's pepperoni pizza and crazy bread for supper.

Then it was decided that I should use their unused computer desk instead of buying one and continue to use the rickety table with drawers for storage..  I was OK with that!  So I started to put together the tower and accessories and hooked it up with a 12 foot HDMI cable to the large LG TV!  What a great big display!

But to connect the USB wi-fi adapter I needed to download a driver...  Duh, how do you download a driver when the wi-fi is not set up to give me internet?????  So very stoooopid!  So I had to download the exe file on my laptop and transfer it to a memory stick to transfer it to the PC, but it worked!!!  Then I struggled to get the speakers and camera working, but finally managed those as well.  The new keyboard has wonky shift keys, drat....

The display on the big LG TV was impressive but a pain because I could not watch my sports while working, sooooo the wheels were turning to get a monitor to fit the desk!

Everybody went to bed quite late but were all up relatively early this morning.  I searched Facebook Marketplace at Jill's suggestion for a monitor.  The very first one that came up was a relatively new Koorui curved screen 24" for only $90 cash!  I contacted them, it was available, so I made an appointment to pick it up at 10:30am because Jill was leaving me the small car for my use...  I stopped at the bank for cash on the way, then at Walmart for more bathroom supplies.  Once I had the monitor I treated myself to a Bacon McMuffin meal.

Setting up the new monitor was easy and I am very pleased with it, and also the ability to now watch my sports while doing this work!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The new setup

Impressive display on the big tv
 
the new monitor in place is perfect