Monday, March 13, 2023

Monday March 13, 2023 Details

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday March 13, 2023

I was up late watching International baseball so got up late and I had access to the cute Nissan Juke...

So I made the trip to the nearest Registry office to try to get my new Canadian driver's licence.  I had my old Canadian and Ecuadorian licences, as well as the current Colombian licence to show the continuity.  Apparently no red flags came up so far about my unpaid seat belt ticket from 2016 (crossing my fingers there) but the lady said I needed proof of residence here, like a utility bill or bank statement...  Grrr  I had passed a CIBC on the way there so I went back to get a Statement from them that shows my address here.

I returned to the Registry, to a different lady who now wanted a certified translation of my Colombian licence because it is totally in Spanish...  Grrr #2.  She said that I could follow a link on their website to a translation service, so I did that as soon as I returned home.  $84 later and I had the translation back by the end of the day...

I can have the Juke for another day.  Hopefully, I will have at least a temporary licence tomorrow and I can visit my friend/accountant Tony to begin the applications for GIS and Alberta income supplements.  Every little bit will help as we begin our search for a more permanent residence solution.

I found a recliner in Sherwood Park for a reasonable price on Facebook Marketplace but the seller has yet to get back to me.  It is very similar to one that I have owned in the past, and I have made tentative arrangements with Todd to get it.

Then Jill found some tax repo houses and I began to check out a small home in Sangudo, but one call to the realtor scotched that one pretty quick....

The love affair with watching sports most of the day continues...  I am waiting to watch Canada play the USA in World Classic Baseball at 8pm.  Canada gave Great Britain a 3-0 lead yesterday in the first inning but then equalled a record by beating them 18-8.  right now I am watching the Blue Jays teach the Boston Red Sox a baseball lesson.

No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.