Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday March 3, 2023 Snow

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday March 3, 2023

Because my mind was rolling so much on how to solve the disputed American $100 bills, I didn't sleep much,  and finally determined that I would take them to the nearest RCMP for scrutiny... Then I slept a bit.  My back was really bothering me in the AM until I took some pain meds.

A search in the morning showed that the nearest RCMP station was 24 kms away, drat!  So we discussed it and Yvette made a couple of phone calls to her bank.

I didn't realize that they had made plans to take me to JJ's On The Lake for my favourite Fish'n'Chip craving.  We stopped at the Bank Of Montreal where Yvette deals and I conferred with a teller and the Assistant Manager pointing out the validity of the bills and how they were obviously not photocopies...  The bills passed their tests and we deposited them into Yvette's USD account.  

The snow was flying in a very cool 50 km wind and is still ongoing.  We went into JJ's where I had a single Fish'n'Chips while they shared a double.  It is such a delightful place to eat, in any weather....

I am eating way too much, which I need to curb, and we play a lot of card games, which is great!

Yes, I am definitely back in Canada!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


JJ's in some blowing snow

They have great stuff on the walls



Yummy!

Yes Ma!  We are in Canada!

Driving very slow as it was icy underneath.