Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tuesday March 14, 2023 Success

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday March 14, 2023

It has been a good day despite a couple of hiccups.

I was up early because Alexa said that the Registry West office would be open at 8am.  I had the Juke for the day.  A dark registry highlighted the sign on the door saying they now open at 9.  So my coupons were dug out for a breakfast at the nearest McDonald's.

I was second in the door at the Registry at 9am and I had the 3 Driver's Licences available with the translation of the Colombian one and the address confirmation from the bank.  They all passed inspection and the new licence application was simple and quick.  Three surprises though, .....  1. they kept all 3 licences in exchange for the paper temporary Alberta licence, with 2. the same number as my old one, and 3. it only cost $26....

Once I got home, I called my friend, accountant Tony, and we navigated the Governement Alberta and Canada websites and somehow managed to apply for my Guaranteed Income Supplement...  That sure made me happy.

I confirmed with Tony that all my income tax slips are on the Revenue Canada website, and he had sent me copies, so I contacted Angie, my Calgary accountant to finish the 2022 taxes with the Colombia connection.  She confirmed that she will tackle those tomorrow!

At 4pm, I met my son Todd a block away from my cousin Florent's in Sherwood Park to pick up a nice recliner that I had bought on FaceBook Marketplace.  It came apart easily and made it very easy to move into his truck.

Todd had indicated that he had been looking for something similar so I called him later and told him that the recliner is his if he wants it...  He just called that he will pick it up Thursday.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start