Sunday, March 26, 2023

Saturday March 25, 2023 Dance Again

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******


I had gotten in touch with old dance friends, Maxine and Jim, and got invited to meet their regular Saturday morning brunch group at 10:30am.  I had eaten way too many strawberry Twizzlers Friday evening so had spent a sleepless night, but I went anyway.  They had a group of 8 at The Refinery and the food was plentiful and delicious.  I was then invited to join them that evening for the Club Du Soleil dance at the Dutch Canadian Club.

Our old group that used to dance at West Edmonton Mall lounge to Barry Boyd and the OBG's (Oldies But Goodies, which name I borrowed for our Cuenca dances) had migrated to several different locations over the last 23 years.  One of our old group, Wilma, is now President of this group and the new venue is perfectly adequate.

I needed a good afternoon nap before fully deciding that I would go.  They have dance instruction from 7:30pm to 9pm, which was well attended, but not for me.  Wilma had directed me to the reserved table for our group, and the rest showed up around 8:30, ready to dance from 9 to midnight.

There was maybe one person under age 60 there so I fit right in.  I had to ask Maxine who might be the two-steppers in the crowd so I did get in quite a few dances once I got the gumption to get the old feet moving.  When a person hasn't danced in 4.5 years, the worries crept in that we might not cope well, but we needen't have worried.  I had a great time.  I knew about a dozen of the people in the group from many moons ago, so that certainly helped break the ice.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Dance instruction is over.

Lovely venue.

Our friend Maxine