Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday March 9, 2023 Setting Up - Updated

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday March 9, 2023

Tuesday, we got ready to leave Vineland and go to Hamilton Airport for my trip West to Edmonton. I had paid WestJet for Priority Economy service, which allowed for baggage, meals and better seating, along with priority boarding.  It was pricey, but I wanted to try it, and treat myself.

Dear WestJet is always late and many people are rushing for short connections.  We got away late from Hamilton as always.  I had seat 1A, right at the front but had chosen the wrong side.  I should have chosen 1F which had much more legroom.  However, we had water bottles at our seats rights away and they brought free drinks (the Caesar was very good but I limited myself to only 1), a very nice meal (one of the best ever on a plane) and later a box of snacks!  The in-flight experience was great, even if I did not know how to avail myself of the entertainment on my phone (yuk)...  But I had a good book "Petersburg" given to me by my sister Yvette for the trip....

Hamilton Airport, boarding via the plane ramp

Really good meal!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

So we landed in Calgary over 1/2 hour late and some passengers had only 5 minutes to catch connections which were luckily delayed (WestJet again).  I whiled away the time by calling family.  I was supposed to have a 3-hour layover, which actually was more than 3 hours in the end, because we left Calgary almost an hour late, and because WestJet had only 1 person cleaning the plane before we could board, and then they had to de-ice it...

Priority seating also had orange tags on our luggage for supposed priority luggage handling, i.e. they come off the conveyor first....  NOT!  The good thing is that the luggage DID arrive, intact, and unopened...  Relief!!  What was supposed to be a 10:30pm arrival turned out to be almost midnight.

In the afternoon we went shopping for many items that I need, such as slippers, robe, computer stuff, and groceries and snacks.  I was exhausted by the time we were done that and hubby Ashley came home with Five Guys burgers that were absolutely delicious!  Then I got to watch some curling as I tried to hook up my PC tower to the big TV which worked, except that the TV box did not carry Internet, so now I have to buy another wi-fi extender, along with a decent computer desk...

This morning I was up real early (but no dogs to walk) and have found both on Amazon, but am trying to arrange faster shipping on the desk, than the end of the month.....

So, I am OK with using the laptop until can set up the PC properly.

Now I will try to set up my Guaranteed Income Supplement online and be wide awake enough to help Aram later with yet another math exam.

Update:  Can't do the GIS application until I have some Alberta ID or Driver's Licence...  My buddy Tony will help navigate all this, Thank God.

Aram has his test next week, not today.

I have set up a smart plug running a wall light next to my laptop, connected to Alexa and my Echo Dot.  It wasn't that hard to do and I have 3 more...

Boy!  Are the magpies ever big around here.....  Ian Tyson had something to say about them:  https://youtu.be/z7o9-Anzrso

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Neighbour trees