Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Wednesday March 29, 2023 New Place!

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday March 29, 2023

It had been suggested by Jill and Ash that their Uncle Neil had really loved the adult residence where he lived for many years, so I checked it out.  It is just off downtown, has all amenities, parking, free laundry, lunches available cheap, and the LRT on the corner!  Perfect!!

I got the application, filled it out this morning and took it in to meet the Administrator at lunchtime, along with the required financial information.

The Administrator was super, and we got along great.  The 11-storey complex is owned by the Government of Alberta but managed by this French group, so most of the residents speak French!  I was embarrassed that I had so much trouble trying to speak French when my bad Spanish keeps involuntarily spilling out...  It was good that we both speak good English. 

We took a tour of a typical suite and he showed me where the next available suite will be, ...facing south, looking through a tree to the school across the road.  The 30% of income rate for rent is rolled up with all utilities, TV and WiFi, and was just in the range I expected, so I jumped at it when he indicated that it was mine for the asking...

My head was in a bit of a fog after that as I realized just how much furniture and "stuff" that I was going to need to make the place comfortable as my new home...  So I turned North to check out electronics and furniture stores.  I checked out TV's, printers, appliances and more in my travels.

I found some really nice TV's at BestBuy and the salesman said that the Roku Smart TV's were very popular...   Is anyone out there a TV expert?

My legs were almost dead by the time I headed back to Factory Direct Furniture where I had bought my recliner.  I had enjoyed dealing with them before and they were exceedingly fair.  Today was no different as we checked out bedroom furniture, headboard with storage, loveseats, mattresses, tables, chairs and more.  They had the best, and most reasonable, selection.  I am so happy that I went there again.

 I was tired, so very tired by then, and really did not want to make a decision when I was that tired,... and that actually worked heavily in my favor.  We got the owner involved and, on top of all the discounts that I had bargained over the afternoon, he chopped a bunch more off the price if I signed today...  plus gave me free delivery again.  I easily saved over $1,000 from the already "sale" prices...  We will get everything delivered direct to the new apartment in about 3 weeks, when I am tentatively moving in..

I am just giddy with happiness at finding such a great residence so quickly and with finding decent furniture for reasonable prices.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Happy to sign for a new place

Nice complex, in a great area

Big place, mostly French residents

View east towards downtown

Schoolyard across the road

My final mattress choice = Queen size fit for a King

Loveseat will match my recliner close enough

Headboard with storage will be substituted

My new high dining table and chairs

TV choice #1

TV choice #2

TV choice #3