Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday March 24, 2023 Alberta

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday March 24, 2023

Jill sent me a link last night that said to expect Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) between 11 and 12 pm, so I dressed warmly and headed to stand away from lights in the nearby park, right below the Big Dipper.  The North Star was a little to my left and I stood there for the hour, staring at the same sky, and no dancing lights appeared...  I was resigned to take movies of the lights, if they ever appeared, because the Nikon was balking at taking photos, even in Manual mode, which makes me extremely upset.

In the morning Jill said that a friend got some shots around 10pm....  Oh well, we tried....

The Juke was mine for the day today, so I made good use of it.

My first stop was at my accountant/friend Tony to discuss possibilities for Alberta Supplemental income.  However, because I was not in the province before November 2022, I do not qualify and it is not worth lying about such a thing.

The next disappointment was being unable to access my GIS application and my frustration at being unable to find any confirmation that I even applied!  I know that I did apply successfully, but there is zero record that I did, which is extremely unusual for me not to have taken a screenshot... and that is probably because they promised to reply by snail mail...  

So, I found a Dollarama to get more Brisk drinks that I water down and the drinks go much further.  Around the corner, I found a McDonalds for a 2-sandwich breakfast with my coupons.

Then I looked up the nearest Costco on my Waze and found my way there without using the program.  I am refamiliarizing myself with navigating around this city without using Maps.

I just needed to get my photo taken to get my corporate membership as arranged by Ash.  I had repaid Ash for getting this done for me..  I then looked at the store but decided that I did not need to shop today, just get gas for the Juke, and there were huge lineups, but I had nothing but time...

I took a few photos outside for you to show off the consistent Alberta Blue skies.  Almost every day, we have had these magnificent blue skies except when a few flurries were blowing around.  Hardly a cloud in the sky either, which keeps the temperatures cooler than necessary.

The neighbourhood squirrel was making runs along the back fence so we got a couple of decent shots.

Then I got to watch Bianca Andreescu of Canada win another tennis match before switching to watch the Blue Jays baseball now....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.