Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wednesday April 20, 2022 Sights

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 20, 2022

I was up from 3am to 5am working on chores and yesterday's Blog.  I just realized that I didn't finish all my chores either.... and then slept until past 8am.  Betty is a dynamo and was already up and out shoveling walks to shame her younger neighbors.

Betty and I had a lovely beef barley soup for lunch and then we decided to go on a scenic drive in spite of the changeable weather.  We went towards Turner Valley, west and south, then east and further south towards Longview.  We saw many deer, cattle, horses and hawks, and experimented with our cameras.  She has a Lumix with an extremely long zoom range.

At Longview, I mentioned that by going straight east along the Coal Trail would bring us close to my sister Leonie's, and singer Ian Tyson's ranch.  This interested Betty very much, so we took the extra drive.  I was disappointed not to see the usual buffalo roaming fields along the way.  I have no idea where they went.

We decided to eat out for supper so we tried the busy Black Diamond Hotel which has great food and found a corner table well away from everyone.  It was wing night there, so you can imagine what we ate, lol.

Again, I am so very thankful for my simply wonderful family and friends that are making this long trip so memorable.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Love Betty's collection

I gave this print to Betty with the frame I had made

A VanGinkel

Xmas Cactus

Nice sky in the A.M.

This year's CS poster

Downy Woodpecker

More fave art

A photo of Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii

A photo from Hawaii

Whitetail Deer

Anchor D Ranch horses



Teepee






Betty schmoozing with horses




Hawk on post

Ian Tyson's meditation spot

Ian Tyson's ranch

Hawk

Hawk