Saturday, April 23, 2022

Saturday April 23, 2022 Family

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday April 23, 2022

The packing up and moving places is always bittersweet as I so enjoy the company of my awesome hosts and hostesses. Betty is another of the super sweet friends I have that make a person feel so at home as though the intervening years were just yesterday.  Thank you Betty for your awesome hospitality and good humour.

I slipped into Calgary at lunchtime in the cute Honda CRV and went to Mark's Work Warehouse in Okotoks to get the (size small) yellow rain jacket that Cristina picked.  Then I wasted some time in neighbouring stores before slowly making my way into Calgary, opting to go in MacLeod Trail on my familiar route to get to Crowchild Trail to make my way to brother Fern's.

Aunt Jeannette and Uncle Emilian did not make it there as planned because of other commitments so I will have to find a way to see them in the coming week.

But, Germain, Billy-Jo and Deanna made it with their dog Princess, as well as Fern's daughters Karen and Leslie.  We were in stitches most of the afternoon as everyone traded funny stories.  Even the dogs Maggie and Princess got along better than expected.  A big spread of food and KFC made sure that nobody left hungry.  We had to bid a long goodbye to brother Germain and his family as they will be heading back to Saskatoon tomorrow.

I am including 4 sweet photos shared to me by Eileen, marked (E)..

Then it was a short trip for me over to Russ and Angie's place again in time for pizza, a firepit, and a few brewskies.  Oh boy, good friends mean so much to me.  Russell was even feeding Canada Geese who come by every day for a regular feeding!  So very Canadian!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Early morning Rockies view

Starlings

Black squirrel

Female Downy Woodpecker

Robin

Blue Jay

Maggie

Brothers Al, Fern, Germain

(E)

(E)

Deanna and Billy-Jo

(E) with Princess

(E)

Leslie, Fern, Karen

Eileen and Fern

Angie and Russ with friend Neil

Firepit in the front yard

Genuine tree art

Canada Goose

Canada Goose and Russ