Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Tuesday April 19, 2022 Moving

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday April 19, 2022

The weather is not cooperating much, with blustery, windy weather dominating the area.  I have been outside very little, primarily because I don't have the proper clothing.

I am so appreciative of all my hosts and hostesses on this trip as I move around the country visiting family and friends.  They have made the visits such a joy and have been so very accomodating in all ways.

I packed up today and Leonie drove me into Okotoks to see my doctor for my test results from my latest physical.  As usual, all is good all around, as good as it can be, except for my weight, which I am genuinely working on....

We made a quick visit with one of Leonie's friends, Madeline, before heading to Original Joe's restaurant for wing night.  We stowed my luggage in the back of Gord and Em's Honda Pilot while we went inside to meet with Jackie and Paul.  We had a great visit with these good friends and former co-workers,topped off with a delicious chessecake dessert...  Everyone on this trip has not aged one bit and everyone looks so darn good!

Then I was picked up at the door by old friend, Betty M., and we loaded up my gear.  We headed past the Big Rock and a large herd of deer to her lovely home in Black Diamond where I will stay for a couple of days.  Betty helped rescue a lot of my artworks when I had to sell my Okotoks home years ago.  It is so gratifying that they have found a good home amongst her other amazing artworks, some of which I am showing here.

I have gotten a surprise request for lunch from another cousin, big Mac, so we will be meeting Thursday.  Friday, my brother Germain from Saskatoon is headed this way to visit with all of us, Leonie and brother Fern, on the weekend, so events are taking on a life of their own and I can't complain at the extra opportunities to be with family and friends.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lights of Okotoks left, sunrise right

The possibility of a spectacular sunrise fizzled

Leonie exercising Dubhlainn in the cold wind

Paul, Gord, Em, Jackie

Wing Night is a tradition here that I started

Cheesecake was marvelous

The Big Rock Erratic

Many deer

Love Betty's art choices