Thursday, April 14, 2022

Wednesday April 13, 2022 South

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 13, 2022

The trip south to Okotoks with Dawn was slow with heavy traffic and accidents on the Deerfoot, however we made it in plenty of time to get to my appointment with my financial advisor.  Then I made a quick visit to my old employers McFarlane Agencies and was amazed that Trevor knew me, even with my mask covering my face.  It was so nice to get caught up on the news but sad to hear that his Dad has dementia and is in a home not far from where I am staying.  A future visit is pending.

I picked up a delicious halibut and chips lunch at an old favourite place, Mr Spuds, downtown.  Next we did a quick trip to Costco for a few things and I bought a lovely new set of electric clippers to tame my unruly hair.  I decided that looking balder was better than looking scruffy.

My host, Paul, is an old friend from here and it is so nice of him to offer me a refuge.  Paul is an absolute marvel and is involved in so many things, carpentry, etc, but the latest is writing a series of children's books, which are delightfully personal and beautifully illustrated.  This man has so many talents!

As reported earlier, it is so funny that Paul is dating an old girlfriend of mine, Ann, who came over for supper (I wasn't told) and we got caught up on each other's news before watching Love Actually again at my suggestion.  As usual, they all loved it.  It is so very nice to see two sweet people that I know connect so well.  We wish them all the best.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Paul has good taste in art

Love this

He has many antiques

Socked in weather hides the mountain view

Ann

Paul & Ann

They get along well, as expected

Both are very sweet people

Good luck guys!

My portrait version.