Saturday, April 30, 2022

Friday April 29, 2022 Ontario

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday April 29, 2022

So, I am on the move again, rising at 5:40am, and Angie and Russ get me to the Calgary airport by 6:30am.  Again, I am SO very thankful to have such great friends and family helping me on this great odyssey.  It would have been impossible without all of you helping me so unselfishly.

Surprisingly, for a full flight to Hamilton, there was zero line-up, so checking my bag and getting a new boarding pass was duck soup...  Except that they said that security gate A was closed, so we had to go through Gate B, wa-a-a-a-y at the other end, of course....  The security was quick, except for the usual laptop check again, and then walk for a mile again back to our boarding gate. Shortly thereafter, as I stupidly tried to find a duty-free shop in the area (not available to domestic flights) I passed right by Security gate A, in full operation, just steps away from our boarding gate.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

The flight to Hamilton was only 3.5 hours through a lot of cloud until we hit Ontario where it was beautiful and sunny.  I only had to wait 3 minutes for Lou and Yvette to arrive for the scenic drive through the budding vineyards to their lovely home in Vineland.  We stopped at the Highland Country Market on the way and we each bought specialty goods to consume in the coming days.  I came out with Back bacon, pepperoni and pickled eggs,, ha, ha, some things I get to rarely eat any more....

I got re-set-up in the cozy basement suite they have for my visits and enjoyed the sunny backyard, birds and scenery, including the bunny.

We got ready to leave around 6pm to meet with daughter Debbie at JJ's Marina on Lake Ontario to sample their delicious Fish'n'Chips.  Yummy!!!!  Lou and Yvette's other daughter could not join us as they were at SkyDome in Toronto for the Blue Jays game against the Houston Astros.  We returned back in Vineland in time to watch most of the game (sadly a loss) while we tried to spot Shari and George in the crowd along the first base line...  We will see them tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Russ + Angie support the Battle Of Alberta!

View from the airport, Calgary and the Rockies

A panoramic shot

Lou and Yvette in Vineland

Spring is here

Even the bunny has changed colour

Xmas cactus in the kitchen window

Xmas cactus or Praying Mantis?

The gorgeous marina near JJ's

Yvette, Lou and Debbie at JJ's

Lovely triptych art at JJ's

Stunning quintych art at JJ's

Canada Goose guarding the parking lot