Monday, April 25, 2022

Monday April 25, 2022 Visiting

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday April 25, 2022

Yesterday, I went back to the Mount Royal area to re-connect with my buddy Keith at his care home.  Before we could go out, we had to return a fellow patient to the locked 4th floor for dementia patients so he would not wander off.  Keith would have considered himself responsible if that happened.  Then I pushed Keith in the wheelchair to Urban Fare, an odd combination of grocery, delis and bar.  We ordered pizza and desserts and drinks then sat outside to soak in the magnificent sunshine.  Al lthat pushing was quite hard on my arms but there are no lasting after-effects.

From there, I met the lady who took my place at McFarlane Agencies, Janice, and who had helped me out so often.  I could never forget that she allowed me the use of her car twice and then came and did a fantastic job cleaning the Okotoks house once it was sold.  She was awesome, and a person can never forget such generosity.

I came back just before Russ and Angie went out for a family dinner so I was alone for a while watching hockey until the daughter came home.  When they did return, we all made it an early night.

This morning, the girls were off to work early and I slept in until 9am.  I sure haven't done that in ages...  Then I started arranging a couple of more visits for this week, likely all on Wednesday... 

For tomorrow, I offered to help Russ repair a small item on the Corvette.  Thursday I have to return the CRV to my brother's place so I will arrange a parting visit.

I spent over 3 hours online with Cheap-O-Air trying to get help with my problems with COPA Airlines...  That was an absolute waste of time.  They gave me a phone number for COPA that went through surprisingly fast, but again reached a powerless department, and was referred to send another email to their Customer (Ignore) Care department.........  I hold very little hope in getting an affirmative response prior to my flight May 3.

So then Russ and I sat out on the warm but cloudy afternoon in front, trying to photograph birds, but they avoided us for over an hour.  It was only marginally better as we switched to the backyard.  I do enjoy so much the critters here, even a neighbour's dog, Nacho......

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Keith

Russ & Angie

Bronx

Russ is sunburnt

Sparrow building a nest

Northern Flicker

Sparrow is unsure of us

Robin

Nacho

Miss Ellie