Friday, April 15, 2022

Thursday April 14, 2022 New Friends

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday April 14, 2022

The day was a medical day as both Dawn and I had doctor's appointments, hers in the morning in Calgary, and mine in the afternoon in Okotoks.

On the way to my appointment I dropped off her car at Fountain Tire to get the front wheels balanced as a weight had fallen off the left front wheel during the accident 2 months ago.  Fountain Tire also did a multi-point check and gave the car a passing grade.

My visit with my old doctor Doug Anderson was great.  His brother is married to a cousin and he is a world traveler.  He and his sons are all extremely tall, over 6' 5" each.  I had booked a physical to be on the safe side and, as usual, Doug was most thorough and I passed all his examinations.

I was sent to the lab in south Okotoks for the usual bloodwork, ECG, etc and the wait was long.  I was there 1.5 hours and do not expect any surprises from there either.

My host, Paul, was off to the Lethbridge area to deliver some of his children's books for the day.

Dawn and I were invited across the street for supper by Paul's ex-girlfriend, but still good friend, Maggie, and she was bright, intelligent, witty, and a straight-shooter.  I liked meeting her a lot, and I fielded a lot of questions about life in South America as a reasonably cheap haven for a soon-to-be retiree.

Maggie has an awesome A-frame house with a great treed yard and lots of critters in there, especially a black squirrel that I managed to capture.  She also has a most gorgeous dog, Gunner, that I appreciated to give me my dog fix for the day.  We had pizza and laughed at all the humorous small-world connections we have been having on this amazing trip.  It was nice to add another new friend to my list.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

My new friend Maggie

Do squirrels have baby pouches?

What a cute visitor

He loves peanuts

He has his own picnic table

Eat, eat, eat, it is still winter outside

I could watch this guy all day

Maggie gave him a good supply of peanuts

A visiting Chickadee

Gunner with Dawn

What a sweet dog

My portion was meat-lovers, of course

Dawn and Gunner

Dawn is great with dogs

I love the distinctive markings on Gunner!