Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Monday April 4, 2022 Family

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday April 4, 2022

Happy 120th birthday in heaven Dad.  You have been gone 38 years but we think of you every day and thank you for your quiet leadership.

Also RIP to step-Dad Lucien who passed away on this date 10 years ago.  We miss your self-deprecating humour.

We had a very toasty sleep in niece Deanna's cute apartment and went to Timmie's for breakfast before doing a short sightseeing tour of Saskatoon near the famous Bessborough Hotel.  We then had a quick lunch at Arby's, ticking another must-do item off my list.

We went to brother Germain's place with the expansive view and a doggie park across the street.  We had a delightful visit with lots of laughs and got to see may of the native crafts handmade by Billy.  She is one very talented lady!  

Cousin Harvey and his wife Loretta joined usn for a magnificent homestyle roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and corn as we experienced weekly in our youth.  What a treat! I feellike a complete idiot that I was in such a fog of nostalgia that I neglected to get photos of Deanna, Harvey and Loretta....

There is no substitute for an actual hug from family that we have not seen in many years.  Staying in contact is great, but nothing beats face-to-face conversation and warmth.   Thank you to everyone for making this trip so fantastic!

Maurice had got a call from OK Tire to pick up his van in the morning so we were packed up and drove back to Regina and arrived at 10pm.  I barely remembered to remove my clothes before hitting the bed.... and was out like a light for a nice sleep.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Some of Saskatoon

The famous Bessborough Hotel

It looks bigger from the back

Lovely bridge
Canada Geese

Billy's intricate beadwork

Hours of work to get this gorgeous detail

Princess

Sweet little dog

The talented Billy

My handsome bro Germain

Love their wall art

Friendly Jinx

So gorgeous

Mesmerizing eyes

Germain sent me this.  Me and Maurice.

Old photographer

My awesome cousin Maurice

A flock of geese crossing the sunset