Saturday, April 9, 2022

Friday April 8, 2022 Friends

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday April 8, 2022

The experiences we have had, and continue to have, with old and new friends are touching and memorable.  Russ and Angie have been such incredibly accommodating hosts that I will be sorry to leave.  We had a lovely lunch at Boston Pizza and just happened to catch the last end of the Canada vs Scotland curling match.  We love things that happen like kismet.

We returned in time for me to be picked up by old friends Peter and Andrea to spend the day.  Peter had arranged for me to live in his mother's basement in March of 2000 and that was a memorable period in my life. Sadly his mother passed away recently as I would dearly have loved to see Jean again.

We went to pick up my old buddy Keith at his care home in Mount Royal.  Keith contracted a debilitating muscle disease which severly curtails his movements but he continues to astound us all with his great attitude and determination.  As long as someone can help himslightly, he is game to tarvel anywhere, even internationally!!!

We went to the nearby restaurant called Urban Fare (an offshoot of Save-On Foods).  Keith, Peter and I all worked at the same insurance brokerage back in 2000, and Andrea was an insurance person as well, so lots of stories and reminiscences were passed around.  It is so great to be able to spend quality time with such good old friends.

When we returned to Keith's apartment we got locked in and had to retrace our steps to find a nurse to let us out!  Peter and Andrea then took me to a couple of spots to try to get some night skyline shots of the city center before returning me to Bowness.

I actually returned home a few minutes before Russ and Angie and we surprisingly managed to catch the final stone thrown in the Canada vs Denmark curling game.  More kismet...  

Then they asked if I wanted to see the tree all lit up in Bowness Park, so off we went....  More lovely shots for my collection!

We had been watching golf as well at Boston Pizza earlier and got talking about golf movies I had enjoyed.  So we found The Legend Of Bagger Vance on one of their movie channels and watched it well into the next morning and they enjoyed it as much as I do.

And, since Angie and Russ have 3 dogs and 3 cats I am getting my pet fixes...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Yummy lunch for 3 at Boston Pizza

Calgary skyline from 17th Ave

Peter, Andrea + Keith

Good friends

Good times revisited

A good time

Calgary

Calgary

Skyline pano

Skyline pano 2

Bowness Park Lights Pano

2

3

4

5

6

7


8

Kuro