Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday April 16, 2022 Foothills

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday April 16, 2022

The transfer from Calgary to Okotoks, and now the Foothills, has been refreshing in spite of the cooler weather.  Looking from the expanse of the prairies, to the rising foothills, and then to the majestic snowy Rockies beyond is a sobering sight.  

The other delight is being with loving and caring family that truly respect, and like, each other.  The gratitude shown by the animals is a complete bonus.

My sister Leonie and I are eating some of my salad every day as she is a rabbit like me.   In the afternoon the 3 grandaughters came over and we played games for a couple of hours.

In the evening, we went across the yard to her daughter Nicole's home and  enjoyed a meal of deer roast skillfully cooked by husband Jeff.  I had a tour of the many family artifacts kept, and appreciated, by the whole family.

After supper we had a WhatsApp chat with Cristina in Colombia and everyone got to say hello and compare pets.

Then the granddaughters, led by the amazing Erin, took us out to witness the bottle feeding of rejected lambs, so very cute and cuddly.

It was a great day, starting with the full moon overnight, a fireball sunrise, and clear skies over the Rockies.  Being with fun family is immeasurable.  This trip continues to be fantastic.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Full Moon


Sunrise on the Rockies

Prairie sunrise

Fireball

Dubhlainn (Doo-lin)

Friendly guy

My new buddy

Morning sun on the Rockies

Games with the grandaughters for Leonie

These kids are incredibly bright

Preparing for Easter Sunday

Erin making funny photos

An Easter tree!

Emma with a very relaxed large kitty, Lucky

Jeff is a gourmet cook

Erin is testing my camera

Hungry solo lambs

Feeding the lambs

Lambs have different personalities too

Erin shows us how

Hungry lamb

Leonie feeds one

Amy has one

Emma has one

Erin is the expert

Dusk on the Rockies