Monday, April 4, 2022

Sunday April 3, 2022 Saskatoon

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday April 3, 2022

The wild sleep patterns don't help much when a person is traveling but somehow we manage to cope.

Today we drove to Saskatoon for planned visits with family and had mostly good weather for the trip.  We made a stop in Lumsden to pick up some of the world's beef jerky for gifts to our hosts, then a stop in Davidson for lunch.  The A+W onion rings were the worst we have ever had, maybe yesterday's leftovers??  Very disappointing for sure.

My hopes for seeing a moose on the trip did not pan out although Maurice was kind enough to point out every moose sign and statue on the way, lol.

I hadn't been in Saskatoon since 1985 and I don't remember any of it except The Bessborough Hotel, which we have yet to see....  We went into a huge sports store called Cabelo's (I think that is the name) where I picked up a couple of fishing lures.  I was so impressed with the stuffed animal displays that I went back out to get my camera.  I didn't have time to get fancy with the processing, that will have to wait, but I believe you will enjoy the photos.

We then went to the cute apartment that is being loaned to us by our dear niece Deanna H.  We really appreciate the sacrifices people are making to enable us to make our visits.

Deanna H, even gave us an unused multi-restaurant gift card which we used at the nearby Montana's.  I had the ribs they are famous for, while Maurice had a New York steak that was the toughest he had ever encountered.  The manager was apologetic and not only prepared another steak, but gave us 25% off that meal.

In the evening we went to see Uncle Maurice and Auntie Sophie, who are more examples of the great genes in our family.  Maurice is 93 years old and still looks 30, in spite of macular degeneration affecting his sight.  Their daughter, another Deanna H., provided the amazing translations via sign language and we had a terrific 90-minute visit.  They have been in the same home for almost all their married life of over 60 years and still do most yardwork, etc themselves.  We can only hope to look as good as them at that amazing age.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Regina

Lumsden valley

Canada Geese

Home made of flax straw bales

Flat, flat, flat... Saskatchewan

Forgettable lunch

Canada Geese

Seagull

Canada Geese

These displays are amazing!














Montana's rib meal

Sophie is still sharp as ever

Maurice is ageless

Deanna is amazing