Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday April 10, 2022 Coincidences

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday April 10, 2022

The trip in Canada keeps getting more interesting by the minute.

Yesterday was a relaxing do-laundry and movie day with Russ and Angie as they enjoyed my favourite movie "Love Actually", before we had a yummy steak supper and a trip to my next place of residence with Shannon in NW Calgary.

The night was peaceful and I got a nice, long sleep.

We had a tasty brunch and then drove one of her daughters to work.  Following that, Shannon drove me to see old friend Betty M. who had had a debilitating stroke years ago and is residing in a superb care home north of here.  Shannon did some shopping while I had a super visit with Betty who is amazingly doing so many crafts, like needlepoint, with only her left hand!  It was so very wonderful and refreshing to commisserate with her.

We came back and, through contact with Dawn's circle of friends, we tried to expand a birthday brunch (Dawn's) on Saturday in Okotoks.  That should be fun!

Then I got a message from my old girlfriend in Okotoks that she happened to be sitting with my Okotoks host, Paul, who mentioned that I was coming... and she piped up that she knew me.!!  Small world!  Many old reunions are shaping up!

Then Shannon was preparing to go out to a Jubilations Dinner Theatre meet-up, mentioning that those are mostly arranged by a Portuguese gal named Maria.  Immediately, I knew that she was talking about my old friend from the Single Volunteers Of Calgary, and I was right!!!  That is another old friend that I should see on this trip!!  I called her, left a message, and she just called me back!  Such coincidences in this amazingly small world with my goofy circle of friends!!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 






Shannon

Betty M.

Looking so good!