Friday, April 1, 2022

Thursday March 31, 2022 Classmates

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday March 31, 2022

Normand and Lana get a pre-mix for beef barley soup through their daughter's drug store here and that is what we had for lunch, and it was superb!  Later Lana went and got me two packages to take home to Colombia!  Thank you Lana!

The wind was very cold but the day was sunny as we took a little trip south to brother Normand's daughter Kristina's place in the country.  The antics of the triplet granddaughters were heartwarming as they get along so well, moving from one activity to another, amidst getting manicures.

Since I am usually up around 4am doing my chores in the quiet, a nap felt really good after the trip.  On the way back, we went on a nostalgia tour past our old farm, grandpa Victor's tiny home, and our old, old 3-storey home that is now a sprawling bungalow.

In the evening Maurice and I picked up classmates Jocelyne Mazenc Doud and Gailen Petersen in Radville, then Reina Deschambault Hammer in Weyburn to have a mini-reunion at PumpJack's steakhouse. We had delicious steak dinners and difficult conversation because the place was busy and loud, even before the karaoke guy started up.  After 7:15, we were joined by relatives Vivian Bourassa (Emile's daughter), Eveline and Frank Porte (Uncle Joe's daughter), and Juliette Mazenc Josephson (my niece) and her hubby John.  I had never met Vivian before so that was a treat and it was so nice to reconnect with family that we haven't seen in many years.  Eveline's sister Juliette Bourassa Storle unfortunately could not join us.  But I am so very grateful to be able to see, and reminisce with, all these wonderful people.  And THANK YOU again to Maurice Jalbert for being such a great sport in going along to all these reunions.

We keep missing the Northern Lights as we go to bed too early...  Drat!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I have discovered that doing this Blog on the laptop is less glitchy than using my PC at home...  Also, I think that I have finally figured out the photo upload problem as well!!  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Josie gives me my doggie fix every day

Delicious beef barley soup, thick and hearty

Manicures by Kristina

This is the mischievious one

Drew is the poser

Grandpa with the Family

Our old farm

 

Grandpa Victor's tiny house is still standing

Our old house is completely different

Classmates Maurice, Gailen, Jocelyne, Reina

A sweet mini reunion

Eveline, Frankie and John

So nice to see these people

Juliette and Vivian