Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Wednesday April 6, 2022 Calgary

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 6, 2022

Yesterday was preparation day to leave Saskatchewan so we didn't do much except slip out for breakfast (loved the waitress' eyes...) and then met Tina for Wing Night at Original Joe's!    Then we washed clothes and hit the sack early.  All that did was make me wake at midnight and struggled to sleep to 3am, then got up and showered, etc to leave by 4am.

I already had the boarding pass so I just had to confirm the vaccinations and get to security where WestJet seemed to have a fascination with my soup mixes and liquids....

As usual the flight attendants were late, so boarding was late, they had to de-ice the plane so departure was late, and therefore arrival in Calgary was late.  I had warned Russ and Angie so we timed the pick-up almost perfectly (after I had to run the whole length of the airport to the exit, again!  Russ is the son of my old friend Ray, and I have not seen him since about 2001 in Cochrane!  They offered to put me up at an opportune time and we have been having a great time with reminiscing, and photos.  I mentioned that I need to get up to my accountant  near Chinook to bring in my tax information and, guess what...??  Angie is a licenced accountant!!  So I gave her my T4's and T5's and gave her access to my CRA information and my taxes have already been submitted and assessed!!

I am trying to organize my time here as it will be limited and there are people I do want to see.  Hopefully things will work out.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Niece Deanna (thanks Germain)

Waitress with nice eyes

Calgary at sunrise





Old photos of Russ that I brought

Russ finds metals and gems.  This is copper.

Silver

Gold

Russ+Angie
More gold

Miss Ellie

Hudson

79 Corvette

Russ and cat house

Bronx