Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday Nov 6, 2018 GREAT DAY


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday Nov 6, 2018


I am just a HAPPY CAMPER today!!
I went for my final hour of "driving instruction", then came back in 15 minutes, (during which time I had passed my 2 exams, lol), paid the balance of the $300 or so, then was pointed to the local Transito office a block away, and 10 minutes later I had my Colombian drivers' licence!  It sure felt good after a 2 month ordeal.
We took NeNe in to get clipped then went in to Tulua, to HomeCenter, to report that one burner on our BBQ does not fire up.  They will send the installer back out to fix this.  While there we spotted a 2-person lawn swing for $100 and a rocker for $50, so those will be delivered shortly.  I sure miss a lawn swing and have been wanting to build one but this is a better idea.  The back patio will now be a favourite place to spend an evening.
We then went shopping at LA14 and ran into David and Irma.  It seems we always meet up there by accident.  We had lunch at Subway, a cool sandwich and a 20 oz. Pepsi for $2.25.  Such a deal!
Then we went to pick up Ana Julia, Cristina's Mom, who will be staying with us until Friday.  
I got a message from CIBC that they received my fax and I called them and left 2 messages using my Cel phone.  Hopefully that is another fire that we have put out.
Then I got word from NetTalk that they have accepted the $20 I sent and have shipped out my new Duo.  So soon I may have my Canadian phone working again.  It is amazing how cut-off I felt when I was dealing with the Bank and the Embassy especially.
We picked up our new handsome boy NeNe and came home.
I was putting away my banking info when I decided to have one last look for my passport in my portfolio (which I had checked at least a dozen times) because I intended to start the paperwork for the replacement tomorrow.  For some reason, ...this time, I felt a slight bulge at the back, felt inside behind where the pad of paper is wedged, and lo and behold, there was my small folder containing my passport and my 3 Ecuadorian cedulas.  The smile is still on my face.  
I have sent another email to the Canadian Embassy with the photos below and I just hope that they haven't negated my passport based on my earlier report.
Somebody pinch me.  I haven't had a GREAT DAY like this in a lo-o-o-o-n-g time!
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
My third valid Drivers' Licence

This will feel great on the back patio

Cristina wants this rocker to watch TV in the 2nd bedroom

$2.25 at Subway, such a deal

Look what I found??!!!

This smile is not going away soon