Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wednesday Nov 7, 2018 Dogs


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday Nov 7, 2018
Last night we took Ana Julia to visit Cristina's Aunt Nativa (Dad's side) who lives about 7 blocks away.  She is the one we tried to see a couple of weeks ago and this time she was home with her partially paralyzed grandson Victor Hugo who was hit by a motorbike when he was very young.  He is around 23 now.  We count our own blessings when we see how frugally people live in sad surroundings and yet always seem to have a smile for everyone.  They don't dwell on what they don't have.  They are glad to be alive with a roof over their heads.
There was a photo on the wall that Cristina questioned.  It was a photo of a 15-year-old Nativa marrying her 55-year-old husband, and they were together for 35 years until his passing at age 90.  Another photo showed a cool Victor Hugo with a guitar when he was maybe 10.  I think this was post-accident, just for a photo op.
Once we returned home, the ladies were eating bread from a bakery so I slipped out to a different place on the main park for another $3.50 burger and fries, and it was pretty darn good.  I will just have to ask them to skip any sweet sauces the next time.  Fruity tastes don't belong on a burger.
This morning, after my usual dog walks, exercises, coffee, emails, uploading photos, and shower, we took 3 dogs to the vet.  Cafe was getting her chemo treatment #3 while Princesa and Buddy got haircuts.  NeNe had got his cut yesterday.  I was happy with Buddy's cut, he is a completely different dog without all that hair.  I would never have recognized him.  Cristina insisted (she does not listen to me) on giving a silly Schnauzer cut to Princesa, leaving long hair where it is perrennially a problem, underneath....  All I can do is feel sorry for poor Princesa on our walks.
We had not received our October electrical bill so we walked over to the electric company.  What a shock, for a Strata 2 house, to get a $50 billing!!  The utility companies in this town are ripping off the people for sure, and everybody knows it, but nobody is doing anything.
I realized that I had to notify the Canadian Embassy and the Tulua Police that I had located my passport.  My first email(s) to the Embassy got "rejected", don't know why, so I sent a different short email and a reply gave me a different link, then an email to use, so the notification went to them.  I managed to find the place on the Tulua National Police website to find, then cancel my report for the items I had reported lost.  I hope I am good to go now and will not have any trouble if I try to use my passport.
Ana Julia is enjoying her time here although she accidentally hit the garage door opener when looking for a light switch and let one of the dogs out last night.  Thank God that Negrita does not wander far.
Around 4 we went to the cemetery with Ana Julia before stopping to see the other Grandma Gilma and her family.  Gilma's daughter, Carmen, who runs a daycare, was busy making papier-mache cameras.  I realized that I had never ever seen someone actually doing this before!  She was just a phenom the way she formed, glued, and painted. 
We came home with Mariposa's mother, Nina, who lives with Carlos.  We have her for the night and she has already peed in the house.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  The dogs don't sit still well for photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Nativa and Victor Hugo

Natina (15) and hubby (55)

A very cool Victor Hugo

Not bad at all for $3.50

Our hairy Buddy this morning


And our furry Princesa


Our new Buddy

And our new Schnauzer Princesa

NeNe looks like such a little gentleman
Gee, you haven't seen this view before..

I really like this zoomed in shot

Looking east.  Nice tree.

Carmen wants a job at Nikon

Cristian's 2 grandmas (abuelas)

Alejandro and Jose David playing nicely

Antique movie camera?

3 more off the assembly line

Nina is Mariposa's Mom