Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Monday-Tuesday Nov 19-20 , 2018 Lost


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday-Tuesday Nov 19-20 , 2018
Sunday night Cristina had a nice visit for Gilma and Carmen.
Monday - Cristina is doing amazingly well, other than the usual headache.  We sincerely hope that the headache problem will resolve itself soon.  2 nieces came by and gave Cristina a nice diversion while I slipped out for groceries.
I contacted NetTalk to check with USPS per their tracking system because the last report is that the new Duo left Bogota November 10.  It could have walked here by now.  They have yet to respond.
I also have yet to hear from our Bank...  Grrrr.
Tuesday - Up before the sun at 5:30 and walk the two sets of dogs, then replenish all the water and feed for them and the bunnies, do my exercises and 2 hours were already expired.  I finally got to my coffee and these chores after 7:30.  Another 2 hours went by before we have a great scrambled egg breakfast.
Then we changed the dressing on her incision.  I must say that I am very impressed with the skill of the surgeon.
The "grass" (using the term very loosely, there is no such thing as a manicured lawn here) in the back grows very quickly.  We had it cut just a few days ago and it almost needs it again.  It is not fun walking through that after a rain so I have been looking for a weed-whacker for some time without success.  I really don't want to buy an electric or gas machine.  I saw this bent, useless shovel in the back so I pounded it flat and bent and carved a path from the house to the rabbit hutch at the back.  It is really not a good implement to do this, but in a pinch.... and I gave myself a nice broken blister pretty quickly.  I am scared to sharpen it because it is quite short and I really don't want to accidentally remove some toes.
I slipped out to pay the utility bills, gas, electric and water, totaling about $52.   Then I pass a dollar store and a hardware store on the way back so, of course, I have to stop.  I saw an online hack for a weed trimmer that I decided that I will try next.  I saw this long concrete bit that will fit into my cordless drill.  Add a small zip-tie and I should have an effective weed-whacker for the small area I want to cut myself, namely the said pathway...  So, $5 bought me a chalk line, a multi-fit wrench and 2 long concrete bits.
We had decided that we would buy lunch across the street for most of Cristina's convalescence and that is a brilliant decision.  A chicken lunch with soup and a drink for 7,000 pesos, about $2.35, feeds us both..  And, they say if you want good food to look for a fat cook, ...and our neighbour fits the bill perfectly, ...best food in Colombia!
Facebook was acting weird today, then shut down "some" accounts for "maintenance".  I wonder if they've been hacked again.  Now it is deadly slow and things do not load properly.  I wouldn't care, but it is really my best way to be in contact with family at the moment besides email. 
This afternoon we had a delightful visit from the lovely Omaira and her super-handsome son Jhorman.  Omaira used to work with Cristina at the big candy factory, Colombina.
I will apologize now that, for the next while, there will probably be a dearth of photos and fewer blogs.  Well see how things work out.  Cristina is certainly improving quickly.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

My fancy weed-whacker today

I intend to file a Workmen's Comp claim

The lovely Omaira is really sweet, and married..

Jhorman will have to beat girls off with a stick

Cris is healing rapidly