Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sunday Nov 4, 2018 Things


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Nov 4, 2018
Saturday morning I had to do another 3 hours of "driver training" and have to go back for 1 last hour Tuesday morning at 8am.  Then I am not exactly sure yet if I do exams here or have to go into Tulua to the Transito office.
While I was doing these classes I had my car washed next door, inside and out again for $4.  Now, there is one things that is an absolute certainty every time that I wash my car, it causes rain...  I should hire myself out as a rainmaker.
Had a good sleep that night because we restricted ourselves to only one dog in the bedroom overnight and he was quiet.  The other dogs were also really well behaved and I got up early at 4:30 to take 3 dogs for a walk then went back to bed until 9am.
Today I tried to work on a few photos and got papers prepared to send to CIBC in Canada tomorrow.  That still rankles me that the manager can be such a lousy customer service person while her staff are so very helpful.  I was doing OK until we got a surprise (to me anyway, because Cris did not tell me) visit from our niece Natalia.  Later we went out to visit Naty's sister Lina who has moved to a different house in the same barrio.  
Then we went to the cemetery for a bit before heading into Tulua and shopping at Dollar City.  Most things are pretty cheap there, nothing over $3.50.
Then we went to meet Adiela at LA14 and I ordered a steak supper while they wandered about for coffee and snacks.  I should have followed my first instincts and gone to the best steak place called La Sevillana but I saw a nice picture of a thick steak advertised at another place so I gave them a shot.  That was a mistake because there was very little good meat on this fatty slab.  I should know that it is always better to stay with the quality places.
Adiela introduced us to a lady who installs cameras in homes with live connection to our phone as well as recording to a DVR.  The machine can handle 8 cameras and either 1MB or 2MB quality.  Compared to Canada, this would be quite cheap but I doubt that I will go for it.  We already have 8 alarms (dogs), 8 deterrents (dogs) and, even if we did catch a crook on video, there is almost zero chance that he/she would be caught or prosecuted.  We aren't flashy about anything, we have good neighbours, but the perception is still that gringos have money, so I try to look as poor as possible, and that's not hard.
The heavens opened again while we were there so my nice clean car was.....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
I shot these blind, one-handed, over the roof of the car

Natalia, Lina, Lorena and Cristina

Caballos en la calle

Horses in the street

Don't know why they are loose

Steak supper, real lemonade $7