Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thursday Nov 1, 2018 Cemetery


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday Nov 1, 2018
Tuesday night we were visiting briefly with Carlos' Mom and Carlos was outside trying to install the awning frame so I lent a hand.  You would think that he would have learned something from doing ours.  His lackadaisical methods of measuring always get him into trouble.  One of the braces was a good 1/2' above the rest.  Wednesday we did not notice any changes as we drove by.   I made the suggestion that he just drill new holes in the brace rather than drill more into the wall, which will weaken its hold.
This morning was the usual, dogs, driving school (2 2-hour classes), my internet chores then I worked on a few more photos.  At present I am mostly uploading photos taken 18 months ago.
We went into Tulua to get nice artificial blue flowers at a special place and we came out with 18 blue carnations.  We did a little grocery shopping at the nearby ARA store, and stopped at Dollar City before getting a few more groceries at LA 14.
One of our purchases was a large watering can to use at the cemetery rather than always hunting for something.  Cristina thinks it is just the cat's meow.  I had also brought along my small pruning shears to cut down the nice flowering bushes so they will thicken and flower more.
Carlos Mom, sister and niece are helping us with food broth for the dogs and they have so far been supplying the container so we brought them a nicely covered container to use.
Carlos had installed the aluminum sheathing on the awning with his usual haphazard style and I noticed that he had not adjusted the third brace but was complaining that it was separating from the wall...  He figures that if he uses fatter screws that that will solve the problem...   H-e-l-l-o-o-o-o-o  I didn't say anything because it is pretty much too late to do it right.
I have not heard back from CIBC in Canada, but finally got a response from NetTalk.  They will send the new DUO to me for $30 and I have to buy talk credits to pay for it.  So I go to their website to update my information, etc and it won't let me amend the credit card information... WTF....  So help me, I am not making any of this stuff up...  Murphy's Law is alive and well in Colombia.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Mostly trimmed, it looks a lot better

Still the nicest tomb in the cemetery

Rain is in the vicinity, but not for us

Great skies and mountains

Carlos and the new awning for his Mom's door