Sunday, November 18, 2018

Saturday-Sunday Nov 17-18, 2018 Operation



TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday-Sunday Nov 17-18, 2018
We woke up at 4am, left 5:05, arrived 5:33 at the San Jose Hospital in Buga, and Cristina was first in line at the window at 5:50.  That didn't help much because she didn't get called in until about 7:30.
I went to the cafeteria and had a nice breakfast of an empanada, scrambled eggs, coffee and a sweet roll for under $2.  Not too shabby at all.
I would have gone home right away but I was forced to wait
for Adiela and Natalia to give them Cristina's backpack.  I call at 8am and they haven't left yet so I offer to bring it to their home within 1/2 hour.  They say they will phone me back in 2 minutes but don't... they showed up at 9:50 after coming by bus.   Grrrr
At 10:10 I came home to look after the dogs and the rabbits and returned later in the afternoon at 2 p.m.  It was in a driving rain storm and there was quite an accident near my exit leaving Andalucia.
Cristina still was not out of the recovery room.   We were told that her room was being cleaned, but hours later we find out that she was being withheld a room because they claimed we had not paid for it, which we had with the surgeon, so Adiela had this corrected very quickly.  
They had given Cristina a transfusion, something to do with antibodies in the blood and I had to pay another $35 for that as well, so finally at about 4:45, she came out and we finally got her into a room upstairs.  She was looking good but vomiting everything.  They said that's probably due to the anesthetic.  So about 6:30 Adiela and Natalia left.  I parked the car at a parkade and I spent the night here with Cristina.
Around 7pm the vomiting stopped and Cristina was able to sleep.  Not me though...
It always amazes me at the noise at night in hospitals and how they wake up the patients every couple of hours.  Couple this with open windows, dogs, birds, and neighbors playing music all  night, I am amazzed that Cristina can sleep almost anywhere.
It was touch and go Sunday morning for eating a little breakfast.  She had eggs and juice but passed on the bun and coffee.  At lunch, she ate even more, and it stayed down.
12:40 p.m. and the doctor finally came by, giving the go-ahead to go home, that everything went well, and it does not appear that the tumor is cancerous but need to wait about 3 weeks for the pathology.   
And the doctor is promised to return the $35 that we paid for the blood work because that was also all part of his original fee.  That was nice of him.
We can leave the hospital but we have to wait for final paperwork and unhooking IVs and so on and so forth.  We don't get out of the hospital until 3pm..  Grrrr.
Cristina needs to be ambulatory and is doing really well.  She reclined the seat quite a bit to ease the drive home.
We stopped first to put fresh flowers on Christian's grave before going to fill the prescriptions for about $10.
The dogs went berserk when we came home.  We must really thank Carlos's sister Carmen for looking after the house and the dogs for us.  We will have to do something very special for them very soon.
Sorry if this is rambling and maybe disjointed but I haven't slept much in 72 hours...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
San Jose Hospital, Buga is pretty nice

Cristina finally gets to her own room

Twilight shot through the window slats

.. and a little further left

Glad to be home in our own bed