Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday Nov 26, 2018 Banking


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday Nov 26, 2018
Sunday was another day of rest and reading.  I tried to watch the Grey Cup game from Edmonton online but only encountered sites that wanted credit card info.  I want no part of that.  I ended up listening to 770 CHQR and caught most of the game and my Calgary Stampeders were victorious.  Way to go Stamps!  I have been a Stamps fan since 1962 when my brother Fern took me to a"Red+White" intrasquad game and I got to see the likes of Eagle Day and Lovell Coleman.
Today we went at 10am to bring Ana Julia some good Pan de Yuca (yucca bread) before heading to our bank.  Again I passed the lineups and talked directly to the Assistant Manager, then the Manager.  They had inexplicably not received my emails with the house documentation so I had to re-send everything to a different email which was successful.  It seems like they ask for the same information over and over and 2 hours went by before they said yes, they would deposit the money and call us.  Then we had to talk with someone who would negotiate a good exchange rate for us and again, they asked the same questions over and over.  Finally they gave us a rate of 3,270 pesos per USD which is slightly better than the going rate on line.  
Finally!   They said we could come back before 5pm to disperse some of the money buying CD's etc but they didn't call until 4:20, way too late to do anything.  We have an appointment now for 8am tomorrow.
We went to Dave and Irma's for a meat loaf dinner.  I made the mistake of letting Irma fill my plate and the second helping was as large as the first.  I am still bursting at the seams.  No supper required tonight.  They are really a nice couple and we get along well.  David speaks really decent Spanish and yet they want me to teach Irma beginner Spanish starting in a couple of weeks.
Then we went again to HomeCenter to see why the repairman is not calling us to make an appointment to come and repair the BBQ.  Again, he claims that he calls but we don't answer.  We can see on the phone that he has not called.  We gave them my number as well and he will come some time Wednesday.
Next was a quick stop in LA14 to get veggies for me and the bunnies.
All I want to do is hit the hay already I am so stuffed, and so tired.
No photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.