Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday July 20, 2018 Area Birds


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Friday July 20, 2018
Today is a day of rest and recuperation from stress as it is an independence holiday in Colombia.
Every morning I awake around 5am and, as soon as the sunrise begins around 5:45, I am out with the dogs, 3 at a time.  Every morning I kick myself that I can't handle a camera and 3 dogs at a time.  This morning was no exception as I paid special attention to the many birds around our lake, Lago Chilicote, as we walked around.  When I saw what looked like a gorgeous golden falcon zip past me I determined to get my camera out and make an attempt at getting some shots.  It is not that easy confirming the types of birds I am shooting.
The delay means that I am unable to get a decent shot of the herons (snowy egrets) covering the tree in the middle of the lake, but I get a little better light for some of the others.
The Ibis are always around with their long curved beaks so they are easy, as are the herons.  Other small birds, many colorful, abound here too.
The golden falcon did not return, but a Peregrine did and allowed me to take a few.  The Canon was acting balky so I missed a shot of it as it flew off.
I did see again the rat-like creature, the size of a small dog, probably an opossum, but he hid somewhere in the reeds before I could get a shot.  
I think I have solved the wi-fi problem on the Motorola after checking for solutions on the Internet.  I am still having problems getting my NetTalk to re-connect though.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Hibiscus at our entrance

Still some herons on the top of the huge tree in the lake

That is a huge tree, and it is white with herons overnight

The Ibis are the shore birds

That is the tree in the center

Not sure if this is a mangrove or not

Ibis are all around the perimeter

Add caption

They seem to be mostly in groups

They even roost in the trees too

Heron/snowy egret in flight

I caught this one nice...

One of the many colorful small birds

Sunrise looking east over that tree in the middle

This is looking south toward our home

Some form of crow/blackbird?

They definitely group together

See what I mean...

We have lots of these guys nearby

One on a tree top

Bird on a wire

Snowy egret with a strange posture

Peregrine Falcon #1

Peregrine Falcon #2

Egret soaring by

Ducks too

Peregrine Falcon #3

Peregrine Falcon #4

Peregrine Falcon #5

Peregrine Falcon #6