Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday July 9, 2018 Buying..


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Monday July 9, 2018
We went later than expected because Miguel had forgotten about a doctor's appointment he had at the same time, but better late than never..  So we signed the promissory note for the new house with a $3,000 penalty if either of us back out now.  I pay 1/2 the purchase amount on July 23 and the balance on the 30th.  Then we wait while everyone plays musical houses and we just might get in before possession date of September 1.  Other than them misspelling my name and missing digits on Cristina's cedula number, the documents looked good.
We then bought everyone a super lunch and confirmed with Miguel that his lawyer is obviously unreliable so we don't want to deal with him...  I contacted Tom in Manizales and got the details of his Visa guru, Luz Dary, in Pereira, so we made appointments to meet early Friday morning at her office, in Pereira.  I have all my documents ready which I am sure will surprise her and I have emailed her copies already.  Everyone here says it is 2 hours by bus but online says 3 hours so I will err on the side of caution.  I have been to Pereira twice before, and I know it is a long ride, not shortened by lackadaisical Latino guesses.
The next order of business was to head to the Transito office.  The car dealer had said that I had to register with the Transito office and give my fingerprints so that I could pick up the new car later.  It seemed patently ridiculous to me that Transito did not ask to see either of my driver's licenses, just my Passport...  The Passport says I know how to change countries, not that I know how to cross the road...  I have to ask the chicken for that information...
Tomorrow are the semi-finals of the World Cup, both at 1pm our time.  I am going to go out on a limb and predict a France-England final.....  maybe once we have gotten rid of the diving teams we can watch some soccer teams in action...
I apologize that I do not even think of bringing a camera when dealing with paperwork.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******