Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday July 6, 2018 Closer..


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Friday July 6, 2018
Boy!  Did my World Cup streak come to a crashing stop today!  First Uruguay bowed 2-0 to the powerful French team, winners of their last 17 matches, then my cousins from Belgium took out Brazil 2-1!!!!  Now I am in a real quandry whether to pull for France, where my ancestry is, or Belgium because I may have actual relatives in  action…
We got a call that the present owner of the Andalucia house is traveling Monday so we got asked to go back and meet her to see the notary to give the information to help prepare the initial papers today, which we were happy to do. They want to sign this Promise To Buy on Monday at 10 am.  2 weeks later I pay 1/2, then 2 weeks after that I pay the rest, then wait a month while everybody gives notice before we can get the house...  There is a slim possibility that we can get in sooner..
On the sour side, we still have not received our final house sale papers from Ecuador after more than 2 weeks…  Latin American lazy bureaucracy at its finest is causing me no end of problems.  I can't access my money and emails to the realtor and lawyer is not getting any results...  Am I pissed...??  You bet..
On the way home we discussed cars with Miguel because many cars are made in South America but not to North American standards.  Because he says that the Kia brand has the best reliability in SA they give the best warranty at 7 years, 150,000 kms.  So we had a quick look and probably will go back in the morning to test drive one model in both standard and automatic transmissions...  Automatics are hard to come by here, probably because gas mileage is about 17% better with a standard....  In the country it shouldn't affect us much but I have to weigh my dislike of shifting with the need to save money if we decide to go for a new car...  Because I don't have my Colombian residency yet I am not sure what the implications might be.  Regardless, I can't buy a thing until Ecuadorian bureaucrats get off their duffs......
That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******