Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday July 28, 2018 Cosas


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Saturday July 28, 2018
Cosas means "causes" or "things", and we had "muchas cosas" to do this morning and afternoon.
First we took poor little NeNe in to be sterilized very early.  Cristina directed me to this vet/pet shop from instructions from her sister.  I had the Garmin out to record the location for later.
Then I set the Garmin to Miguel and Adiela's address but I could tell right off that it was sending us to a similar address very close by,... silly address BS here, even though it is numbers, it should be dead simple.
So I reset it to send us to LA 14 which would get us to the highway to Andalucia.  Nearby we stopped at a nursery and bought 10 flowering small bushes for Christian's grave.  Then we went to see Cristina's ex, Carlos, who would install the flowers a tad later.
I continued over to our new house as per the address put into the Garmin...  I am so disappointed that it would have sent us 3 blocks away for no reason, so it is necessary to lock in the coordinates instead and re-save the location.
Then we went to the cemetery, arriving at the same time as Carlos.  He installed the bushes at Cristina's direction while Cristina added a few more fresh flowers.
2 graves over was a happening that will bother me for some time..  A family was having a body exhumed, obviously after many years and there was a man in rubber boots and rubber gloves digging past a caved in, rotten wooden coffin.  I was shocked to see the skeleton come into view.  Then he very unceremoniously just started rolling up everything in the rotten gown and throwing it up onto the side of the grave.  The family didn't seem at all bothered by this but it sure was giving me the heebie-jeebies....  Then this guy was wrenching the bones away from the clothing and just dropping the bones in a pile.  I was grossed right out at this and yet fascinated because this was my first exhumation..  Then they washed the bones and put them in a cleaner pile.  I can only guess that the grave space is being given up to put the bones in a mausoleum cubicle.  
Regardless, the visits to Andalucia are always pleasant and the views exhilarating, so I can't wait until move-day.  A Kiskadee bird stayed close and kept posing for me, so who was I to refuse??
Then we went back to La Herradura shopping center near us and had a delicious Chinese food lunch with drinks for about $11.  We had some time to kill so I started looking at knick-knacks in kiosks.  I had checked out dash-cams the other day online then at LA-14 as well, getting an idea of capabilities and costs.  I ended up finding a small, light dash-cam, 1080p, with loop and automatic accident-save recording for under $50.  Any gringo that has an accident in Latin America seems to be automatically deemed at fault unless a person has irrefutable proof.. hence this idea.  However, the instructions are in Chinese, and a Chinese version of English so I am still trying to get it figured out....  I also had to buy one of those tiny memory cards of course.
We still had some time to kill so we stopped for coffee and I chatted with a motorbike salesman.  Cristina still doesn't want me to get a bike and, honestly, we don't really have a good place for it so she is probably going to win this round...
Then we made it back to the vet using the Garmin to pick up NeNe.  The little guy was pretty groggy yet and we had to get antibiotic and pain medication for the next few days.
Then the Garmin got us home.  My WAZE app would probably work as good or better than the Garmin but first I need to figure out how to Bluetooth this properly to the car...  My new Picanto will have the same capability...
I hope you enjoy the pictures, all taken with the Lumix today.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
This exhumation was a bit of a shock

Carlos was very expert installing the bushes

Starting to wrap up everything in the gown

Everything is dragged out of the grave

The work on our grave is progressing well

Washing the bones

Mr Kiskadee pose #1

Mr Kiskadee pose #2

Mr Kiskadee pose #3

Mr Kiskadee pose #4

Mr Kiskadee pose #5

I may have to build a high deck to enjoy this view

Happy with our work

10,000 pesos for 3 coffees, about $3.50

The new dash-cam