Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tuesday July 17, 2018 Frustration


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Tuesday July 17, 2018
As I have said before, every bureaucracy in Latin America is an exercise in frustration.  We went to the office where they legalize foreign documents such as our Ecuadorian marriage certificate.  The man there, a self-important little man, kindly had his assistant look up our marriage certificate somehow online and proved that it was valid.  However he would not validate it for us because we need to get an appointment.  To get an appointment you have to go online to a special site where it either tells you "there are no appointments available, try again later" or, it lets you in and then stalls when you try to complete the process.
I have written to my car salesman 3 times to try to find out about the car without success.  If the truth be known, I am not anxious to have the car here anyway but the lack of communication is upsetting to say the least.
3 days after we purchased the 2 recliners one of them had a huge seam rip open in the back area so Cristina took some photos and she went to HomeCenter to ask for a new chair.  They said they would send someone out to look at it and would probably bring it in for repair which might take 2 weeks...  They haven't come yet.
Then I was contacted by the new Cuenca house owner and Victor about the Matricula (registration) papers for Buzzer.  You can imagine my embarrassment when I found these papers in my file... and not under the bike seat where I have always put them immediately after removing them for any reason.  Now we have to find a way to get them to Ecuador safely. 
I am just so darn frustrated with the Latin American attitude that nobody matters except them, and their families.........  That is the way it is.
In no mood for pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******