Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tuesday July 31, 2018 Excited


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Tuesday July 31, 2018
Today is the Anniversary of Black Friday in Edmonton (tornado).  That is a day that is forever burned in our memory.
Yesterday, I wanted to put some gas in the rental car as an excuse to practice driving here a little.  Then we drove out to the Andalucia cemetery for the same reason.  It was a dreary day that threatened rain.
Cristina slipped out with Adiela to find a guy that goes to Cali to make doctor's appointments for people with a POA and some money...  When they came back it started to rain and wouldn't quit so I finally had to park Adiela's scooter in the house and drove her home..
Today we got early news that my Visa is still in process with good news expected Thursday.  I don't hold my breath any more.
Then we got the awesome photo confirmation that our new car is at the dealership so we went over to meet the brother-in-law Miguel there at 2pm.  The car looks good, so they now say it will be ready by 5pm tomorrow.  
Miguel had told me that he had a good insurance company to use but today he sang a different tune, saying many of his friends were complaining that the company seemed to be in trouble...  The dealership has an insurance division and they provided 4 quotes, with one way less than the others, but still around $900 USD and that does not get us the Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage available in Canada, dammit.  The deductible is about $300 USD.  The policy gives roadside assistance, on-site accident help, tire rotations, replacement for lost keys, etc.  Miguel gave his blessing.
So tomorrow we will be excited to pick up our third new car ever (having sold cars for many years I consider cars a lousy investment) and possibly my last ever.  The car comes with a 7 year/150,000 km warranty, which is what weighed heavily in my decision,.. and the reasonable price here.
I questioned the manager and the salesman about installing decent body side mouldings so I guess I get the name of an installer tomorrow as well.  I will also need a lot of instruction about all the fancy lights and especially the fancy radio.  It will be nice to have the GPS nice and big for viewing.
And it is raining all day today so we haven't heard from Adiela all day about coming for the scooter...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Dealer photo #1

Dealer photo #2

Dealer photo #3

Dealer photo #4

My photo #1

My photo #2

My photo #3

This one is OURS