Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday March 2, 2018 Flights



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday March 2, 2018
Just for a laugh I decided to check flights to Cali next week, for a week.  Orbitz was offering return flights for $333 so that galvanized me into action.

I checked to see if Orbitz/TAME had refunded my money for the cancelled Feb 23 flight, and they hadn't, so I decided to talk to TAME directly and made my way in the drizzle to the airport.
For 1/2 hour the one woman tried to match the Orbitz price and apply my refund but she couldn't come anywhere near the price difference.  My original 1-way flight was $168 and the cancellation charge is $50, so they owe me $118.  Finally she went to lunch and the younger lady that I had spoken to on Feb 19, who speaks some English, tried her best as well with no success.  So I asked if I was getting a refund or only a credit on my next flight, and she confirmed that I can expect a refund, and also that they cannot match the Orbitz online price (go figure..).  
So I returned home, contacted Cristina and found out that she was expecting to be in Cali anyway that day, Mar 8, (doctor's appointment very early Friday morning) so I completed the booking through Orbitz and will spend a week in Colombia.  Cristina cannot find qualified doctors in Tulua for her hopeful operation so she is forced to run to Cali.  Hopefully they will book this operation quickly to remove that darn tumor.
I am going stir crazy here all alone and really miss my wife, and even the dogs.....  My only worry is that we might encounter that insurance requirement on re-entry into Ecuador, and I have no idea how to solve that..

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
That was the day’s excitement.
Al