Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday March 9, 2018 Days 1+2, Colombia



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday March 9, 2018
2 sleepless nights, one in Ecuador before leaving, and one in a fleabag hotel in Cali, Colombia.  I could go on and on about the ineptitude at TAME airlines and the Immigration Services, of course both Government operations…  Don’t get me started…
Thursday afternoon, my lovely wife and her niece, Ana with boyfriend German picked me up and we drove across Cali to a fancy new shopping center where we were met by another niece, Natalia.
Friday morning I accompanied them all to the University Hospital so Cristina could see what it will take to get surgery for that damn tumor on her right ovary.  The end result is that all the tests we did in Ecuador will have to be re-done.   She is somewhat resigned that this is the process that must be done while I, of course, am livid at the needless waste of time.
Finally we made it to Tulua and the new house which is very nice, great location and the doggies were just thrilled to see me.  So one of my first acts was to walk them all around the lake Chilicote at the end of the street.
I stand corrected, the birds that turn the trees white in the evening are actually Herons and not egrets, as you will see in the last photo below.
Sorry I am rushing this to get it out with very little of the real information I want to impart, but I am SO tired, and on an uncomfortable stool, and all I can thing about is the bed in the next room..
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.