Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday March 24, 2018 Joes' Secret Garden


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday March 24, 2018
Friday I killed time working on some photos and I am backlogged over a year so I have some catching up to do...  I can be a lot more selective though on what I want to work on, skipping flowers and the like for now.
I knew that being in the equatorial sun for 3 hours on Sunday without a hat was downright stupid, and if I had been on my bike I would have had a hat, but...  So my itchy scalp is finally flaking off and I am getting some relief with lots of moisturizing cream.
My only exit for the day was to go to Coral for groceries. Call me The Hermit.
Honestly, depression is really beginning to set in as the time drags on without any buyer for the house.  I would much rather be with my wife and the dogs in the Colombian heat than rattling around in this empty house by myself.
Also, I am trying to cut back on the Gabapent to one per day and I don't know if that is part of the reason for the backsliding in my condition again.  My arms ache 24-7 and now my legs are starting to cramp occasionally.  It is getting that I don't even want to walk anywhere anymore, my legs just burn.  I don't really want to have to rely on painkillers.  And yes, I do my regular exercises every morning, and they do help...

This afternoon we had a very unusual thunderstorm combined with quite high winds.  The winds here are always quite mild breezes, so the appearance of today's big gusts was surprising.  After an hour or so, it was over.
Tonight I was very kindly invited to join the crowd at Joes' by Ken and KP, and it certainly was a good outing to savour their awesome Barbeque supper.  It was nice to be able to relax and take only 5 pictures instead of the usual 30 or more.  Indy is doing a bang-up job as my replacement so the relaxation is real.  And I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss seeing the great folks at Joes', the owners, the staff, and the terrific patrons.  I hope their success continues in spite of all the competition these days.  If you want to see more photos from tonight you can check out Indy's work at https://joessecretgarden.blogspot.com/

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Lots of wind and rain this afternoon

The Secret Garden at Joes'

Always great people at Joes'

KP is cooking up a storm (after the storm)

Sausages and ribs... yummy

Almost time to eat...