Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday March 27, 2018 Paseo


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday March 27, 2018
Sunday, I was completely bored so I grabbed one of my stack of espionage novels and read the whole book cover to cover.   
I am starting to call Cristina on WhatsApp every day just so I can see her face and hear her voice.  I miss her so much, and she likewise, so I am very anxious to sell the house and get out of here.
Our friend Luz from Cuenca is visiting her and apparently tried to return but there is a shortage of buses at Ipiales, the border, due to the influx of Venezuelans.  She will try again later.
The good news is that I am able to sleep again, I think partly exhaustion because I have quit the afternoon naps, and I take a Gabapent with a couple of painkillers at bedtime.  Now I am sleeping 8-9 hours without a problem. 
Monday, strictly more hibernation, watch TV, and call Cristina.  She has our main dogs in Colombia soccer jerseys to cheer on Colombia tomorrow on the world stage.  I wish I knew what time that game might be on.
In February, I booked through Orbitz a flight to Cali, then I was unable to leave so I requested a cancellation which is subject to  $50 fee.  No problem there, but I have not received a refund and Orbitz is of little help here. They had told me that I needed to submit a refund request direct to TAME with a bunch of information they already have, and I complied.  Now they tell me that TAME airlines is holding my refund as a credit on a future flight, BUT,... I booked a future flight in March through Orbitz again and no credit was applied.....
So the story now is that I have to book my flights direct with the airline to claim the credit (and TAME cannot even match Orbitz prices on TAME flights... go figure that one out...).
I am not very happy with the runaround.
Today there was a lovely morning shaping up so I called around and Oswaldo was willing to go on a ride to El Pan with me, north of Paute.  But we didn't leave until 11am after another starting problem with Buzzer, and the clouds were starting to get heavier as we went north.  I found that I really wasn't in a picture-taking mood because of the clouds so we turned back, partly because we didn't want to get caught in any rainstorm either.  It was a fun ride regardless, good to get out of the house, and we made a stop at a lovely restaurant called Corvel in Paute for lunch.  And, we didn't get wet at all.
 
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Guachapala

Town 10 minutes north of Guachapala

I liked this view

The garden of Corvel in Paute