Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday March 18, 2018 Motocross

 Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******
Sunday March 18, 2018
This is the second time I have had to write this Blog because, idiot that I am, I posted the darn thing under the Joes' page and couldn't figure out why the Blog wasn't showing on my page...  I was in such a hurry to delete it from the Joes' page that I didn't think to at least copy and paste the body of the Blog.  I honestly am losing it folks...
Today we got invited to the 1ra Valida Campeonato Provincial MX 2018 Motocross event at the Honda track by the Benenaula family.  
I actually was also invited on a Herederos ride today to Soldados but had already committed to come here and was prepared to go alone.  Then Gustavo called and said that he wanted to join me and that he would pick me up, so off we went...
It was a very cloudy day but I am certain that I got pretty baked over 3 hours because the sun is almost directly over Cuenca right now at 3° south of the equator...
Andres Benenaula is a South American champion and rides a #5 bike, as does his sister Cristina.  Dad, Edgar, can be seen on a #3 bike and he is wearing yellow riding gear.  Andres won the 2 races we saw him ride, as usual,  because he is fearless, knows this track, and is tough to beat.
There were 3 crashes and I got photos of the first teen with a leg injury and accidentally deleted the photo of the second teen who appeared also to have injured a leg.  The third crash was of a tiny tot on the downslope of a hill, right in front of us, and he narrowly escaped being hit by a couple of subsequent riders who had no chance to see him until it was too late.  Some quick spectators gingerly got the kid and his bike off the track and the First Aid people arrived quickly.  Some anxious moments later and they told us the tyke was OK.  I was so shocked and concerned that I never even though to take a photo.
Anyway, it was a good day and I had taken 239 photos and was quite ruthless in cutting that list down to 96.  Then 6 hours of processing and here we are,... doing the Blog for the second time....

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.