Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday March 13, 2018 More Shopping



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday March 13, 2018
We went out early again to get a few more critical items as I have very little time left here.
Some of yesterday's purchases were delivered last night and we got all the rest this afternoon.  
I went overboard on buying some electrical stuff and several power bars, even though I have to snap off the ground prong because every outlet in the house is only 2-prong.  That is just the reality of living here.  
Today we also bought a portable air-conditioner for about $250 and one of those foam chairs that can unfold into a single bed.  
I got the new DVD to work but had to change the hookup for the Movistar box to HDMI to be able to accomplish that, and it worked....  
Then I tackled the air-conditioner setup with the window exhaust.  Not bad at all but we had an "uh-oh moment" when it decided to quit after just a few minutes.  I checked the connections and almost burned my hand on the cheap-ass power bar cord that I attempted to use.  I changed it to a much better power bar that had just arrived and everything is A-OK.
Then I installed the new microwave/broiler in the new microwave tower, hooked up a powerbar for that corner, and put the fancy coffeemaker up above for later use.  I am only here 2 more days.
Then it was the office chair that needed assembly with sketchy instructions but luckily I had done many before and was able to manage alright.
Next was the turbofan and again I did OK because of previous experience.  What I don't have is the stamina, especially in this blasted heat..  91F again today and the low will be 69F.  Believe me, I am praying for rain to cool things down a bit.  Gorgeous days here, just too blasted hot.   I am sure that we will enjoy the air-conditioner tonight.  I am just beat.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Cristina's sister, Adiela, came to visit.

The big desk and the big chair

The excitement of air-conditioning

Still wrapped chair that folds out into a bed

The new workhorse

Cristina is enjoying a DVD right now.

Microwave/broiler in the new tower with coffemaker

And the new turbofan.....

OK