Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wednesday March 16, 2022 Memories

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday March 16, 2022

The day with my son Todd got cancelled so I decided that today I would begin tackling the bins of my photos and memorabilia stored in the basement here.  I knew that it would be emotional to go through all the albums and relive events.  One of the first albums I opened dealt with Patsy's last days and that just stopped me from going any further.  Honestly, I was not at all prepared to relive the hurt and sadness of that most stressful time. 

I moved onto other tubs of memorabilia and was shocked what I found there, artworks I thought that I had given away, a tripod, my old pocket watch, my BB pistol and starting pistol, old photos I had kept, and a lot of family history articles.  Much of this I often want when I am researching family and friends but it is better left here for posterity.  I did find some original family tree pages and important family history documents.    I had no earthly idea what I would find there and it is a treasure trove....

I have a good idea what is in the old Hope Chest buried at the bottom of a large pile, definitely Grandpa's old photos and negatives, and old historic keepsakes including a WHA program signed by Gordie Howe, son Marty, and Paul Terbenche.  There is also an autograph of tennis star Ivan Lendl. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

My old pocket watch

A print of cousin Yvette Moore

Lots to explore