Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday March 26, 2022 Sated

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday March 26, 2022

The morning had a skiff of snow and the temperatures today struggled to stay around the freezing mark.  I finished packing an extra suitcase full of my purchases and passed them on to a friend who will meet me in Calgary later.

Jill twigged me that the Bohemiam Waxwings were gathering nearby so I got a few shots through the window.  They never did come any closer unfortunately.

I watched Formula 1 qualifying (my Ferrari team is in 2nd and 3rd place for tomorrow's race) and then watched Canada's women defeat Denmark in curling.  They play again in the semi-final at 8pm against Korea....

Jill and Ash had some old gift cards for The Keg Steakhouse, so they invited me for a goodbye feast and Danai joined us.  Thank God for the gift cards because the prices were as scary as the food was good.  I can't remember the last time I had prime rib...., and the 10 oz portion was all that I could handle...  Ash struggled through a 14oz beauty.  No dessert necessary.

As we were arriving back home I got a call from my old Kurdish friend Aram who is working hard for Amazon in Kentucky on the night shift.  It is good to hear that their family is doing well and that I am invited to visit at any time....

I guess that we will be shifting the channels back and forth tonight between the Oiler game and the curling.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Snow this morning

Bohemian Waxwings up high

Bohemian Waxwings gathering

A closer look

Tightly knit group

My guys did good in qualifying in F1

The Keg is fancy, and expensive

My prime rib meal

Jill's Salmon

Danai's salmon